The Humanity3D series of animated characters is still untapped and after many (many, many) months of denting my desk with my forehead – I believe the complexities of delivering H3D consistently across many platforms is now solved; famous last words.
Here’s some new information on how the H3D series will be sold allowing you to only purchase what you need.
- A collection static characters ‘frozen’ at different points of the animation for the user who might only need 3D people for a rendered image.
- Characters with pre-animated sequences (baked in) for the user who simply wants to populate a scene with the least amount of work. Motion data will be provided using the pointCache format and MDD on request.
- 3D characters weighted with rig and all animations provided with motion capture data (.bvh)
- All animated H3D characters can be expanded with additional animation or pointCache “packs” sold in the future.
- 3D characters will be sold either by the series volume or in small packs. It is possible that I might sell all characters À la carte.
- Maya, Max, Cinema4D, Lightwave3D and Modo
Any application that can read the ubiquitous FBX format will be able to load H3D. The first Humanity3D package was a logistical nightmare due to selling it in each 3D packages native format, this has changed thankfully. A special note, Modo users will benefit due to the programs “preset format” system, allowing the H3D packages and characters to be drag and drop.